Find Your Flow Retreat
Bali Surf & Yoga Retreat with Jenny Clise & Emily Meersand
Bali — May 27, 2023 – June 2, 2023
“Sometimes in the waves of change, we find our true direction”
Join us on the ever famous island of Bali for 6 nights, 7 days as we find our flow through surf and yoga. We’ll spend our week adventuring in the coastal village of Canggu where you’ll have the chance to watch all the sunsets or catch all the waves (or both). On this retreat, Jenny Clise and Emily Meersand will lead you through all the yoga and meditation to move your body and feed your soul. In addition, your host and Bali resident Azma will take you to all of her favorite cafes, restaurants and spas to give you an insider’s experience. During our time together, we will take a day trip to Uluwatu for more beach time, and another to Ubud where we will participate in a traditional water cleansing ceremony that will bring you balance and the opportunity to recharge before you head home.
Join us on this yoga ADzenTURE to revitalize your body, mind and soul and make new friendships that will last a lifetime.
Once a sleepy coastal village of Bali, Canggu is now a popular destination among surfers, yogis, digital nomads, expats and creatives. Filled with an array of cafes, restaurants, yoga and fitness studios, spas, and beach clubs this vibrant beach town has something for everyone!
YOGA & WORKSHOPS
What to expect in Jenny’s classes?
Jenny believes in practicing what feels good in your body and recognizing that there isn’t one right way to do things that works for everyone. She strives to create an inclusive environment for her classes and with her clients, so that everyone knows, YES yoga is for you too! During her group classes she focuses heavily on foundation and alignment to safely prepare you for more challenging postures later on. Jenny will encourage you to turn inwards, draw intentionality into your practice and, with kind attention, recognize your strength both physically and mentally in each moment.
What to expect in Emily’s classes?
She is passionate about sharing her love of a well-rounded and balanced yoga practice through her teachings of both powerful, sweaty vinyasa classes and grounding, soothing restorative and yin classes. Emily incorporates the healing properties and benefits of essential oils into her yoga classes as well. Seek more balance in your life, invigorate your mind, and soothe your soul in Emily's classes!
- Arm balance & Inversion workshop (90 mins) – A perfect way to strengthen body and mind! We will break down arm balance and inversions to rebuild a stronger (and safer) practice. We will teach tips and tricks to work on these postures as well as functional drills to help prepare for them! This workshop is for all levels.
- Rest & Release workshop – Slow flow and restore with essential oils
- Yin & Yang workshop (75 mins) – A practice that compliments both a strong asana practice and deep stretching for muscle tissue release
- DAY 1 WELCOME TO THE ISLAND OF GODS: Settle in and get ready to flow! We’ll gather around for some movement and an opening ceremony to meet your new friends followed by dinner at one of our favorite restaurants in Canggu!
- DAY 2 FLOW, SLOW: An early AM surf session, morning yoga and a nourishing breakfast to start our day. We invite you to slow down for the remainder of the day, use this time to flow with whatever you’d like – whether that’s reading, exploring the neighborhood cafes around us, or hanging out by the beach. We’ll come together early in the evening for our first workshop – slow flow & restore. To continue this zen like afternoon, we’ll then experience sound healing followed by dinner.
- DAY 3 BE LIKE WATER: After our morning flow and breakfast, we’ll venture to the cultural epicenter of Bali – Ubud. We’ll start our trip in Ubud with a visit to a holy water temple to cleanse and purify our mind, body and soul with the help of our Balinese healer. Ubud is also famous for its plethora of vegan cafes so of course, we’ll be taking you to one of the best in town for lunch. The rest of the afternoon in Ubud will be free for you to hop around its temples, and shop around its markets. We’ll head back in time for dinner and have Jenny Clise lull us in yoga nidra before a good night’s rest
- DAY 4 BALANCE: To be in flow, we must balance. Another early morning surf session, yoga and breakfast. The afternoon is yours to enjoy, take in another massage (or two) and join us later in the afternoon for a Yin and Yang workshop.
- DAY 5 OCEAN BLISS: Morning yoga, breakfast and then we’re off to Uluwatu for the day! Ulu (it’s shortened nickname) is famous for its beautiful beaches, limestone cliffs and surf. If tides permit, you’ll have the option to surf some more or kick back and relax on the beach!
- DAY 6 RIDE THE WAVES: A sweet morning surf session, a yoga practice to get our blood flowing and breakfast to fuel us for the day! You’ll have the last bit of free time on our last day together to get all the massages and do all the shopping before we meet for final dinner together.
- DAY 7 UNTIL NEXT TIME!: One more sunrise surf, morning yoga and breakfast together before we bid farewell until next time!