Moab Inspired Yoga Nidra for Self Love & Inspiration
Inspired by the things I have learned from my teachers and students. This 45-minute Yoga Nidra will help you drop in and take you on a Journey through the Canyonlands of Moab.
How to Prepare:
1. Wear your comfy clothes
2. Set up your space- Yoga Nidra is practiced lying down. Feel free to grab these optional props:
- A blanket to place over you
- A bolster, pillows or a second rolled blanket for under your knees to support your low back
- An eye pillow
- A light pillow or blanket for under your head (nothing too elevated though as you want a neutral spine)
3. Have a Sankalpa/Intention ready to go! - aim for something positive and present tense. Example: "I am at peace"
If you have a hard time staying awake, don't worry! You can always come back to this practice and work on staying awake over time. The goal is to rest on the edge of wakefulness and sleeping (arriving between alpha and theta brainwaves- otherwise known as the hypnogogic state)
Cardiac Yoga - Chair Yoga Class & Loving Kindness Meditation
This class was done for the organization Women Heart for those living with heart disease, or who are recovering from a cardiac event. With that said, it is for everyone and anyone who would like to ground down with some gentle movement, leading into a heartfelt loving kindness meditation.
The yoga therapist team delivering these classes study or are on faculty at the NYC- based Prema Yoga Institute. This yoga cardiac program was developed with cardiologists from the Northwell Health Network (a WomenHeart National Hospital Alliance member) and is practiced primarily in a chair; no previous yoga experience is needed. All are welcome. Wear comfortable clothes to stretch in and be ready to feel more energetic and relaxed, while doing something beneficial for your health and wellbeing.